Thursday, May 3, 2012

Bottled Water

Someone once told me Evian spelled backward is "Naive."  Bottled water is a ripoff.  I cringe whenever I find myself at the ballpark, or the zoo with a thirsty kid.  Society has made "tap water" taboo.  So then, I get to fork over $3 for a 16 ounce bottle of water that I could by as part of a 30 pack for $0.20, or fill up at home for less than a penny.

Bottled water bottles aren't great for the environment.  In some instances, they've come a long way with making the bottles with less plastic (better for environment, less expensive to produce, did you notice the price didn't go down?

Spend $13 to $30 HERE for one of those pitchers with the charcoal filter.  Spend $1 for a 32 ounce Gatorade.  Drink the Gatorade and meet your new water bottle.  If tap water bothers you, or if the water in your area tasted funny, fill the Gatorade bottle with the filtered water from the pitcher.  If you want a cool water bottle, go HERE and order one.  I'm not a fan of Bubba Keg

Why all the hassle?   Allow me to explain.  Let's say the typical family of four buys the $5 30 pack of 16 ounce bottles each month.  That's $60 per year for roughly $0.50 worth of water.

You just saved $60 per year.


Sincerely,

The Frugal Maestro

Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment